Mercury FPGA Development Board
- Xilinx Spartan-3A FPGA with 200K or 50K equiv. logic gates
- 50 MHz precision crystal oscillator
- 1 amp 1.2V and 3.3V voltage regulators
- USB and JTAG programmable
- 8 Mbit SPI Flash (up to 1.2Mb reserved for FPGA bitstream)
- Optional 4 Mbit external SRAM (512k x 8bit, 10ns)
- 8 channel 10-bit 200ksps ADC
- 30 GPIO pins with 5V tolerance and short-circuit protection
- 9 high-speed GPIO pins, 4 input-only pins
- 4 LEDs with GPIO pins, 1 user switch, 1 reset switch
- Friendly breadboard-compatible DIP 64 form-factor
Convenient DIP Package
Mercury has 64 round machine header pins in a familiar dual in-line package (DIP) format. No proprietary expansion connectors - just drop it right into a breadboard!
Mercury is perfect for rapid prototyping, and the super tiny form-factor makes it easy to embed into a small project. We've taken care of the voltage regulators, bypass capacitors and USB configuration circuitry, freeing you to focus on your actual design!
Most FPGA development boards are limited to 3.3V digital-only I/O, but we built Mercury with more flexibility in mind: We've included an onboard 8-channel SPI ADC (10 bit, 200 Ksps), great for interfacing with sensors or for audio input. It also has 30 pins of 5V-tolerant digital I/O, so you can safely interface TTL-level devices with the 3.3V Spartan-3A FPGA.